Fri, Nov 03|
Chicago CPR Academy Training Center
American Red Cross Skills Session Adult / Child CPR,AED & First Aid - Blended Learning ($90.00) 11/03/23
**ONLINE COURSE (INCLUDED IN PRICE) MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO HANDS ON SKILLS SESSION.** Chicago CPR Academy is now offering a more convenient class option. Our blended learning allows you to take the classroom portion at your own pace followed by an in-person hands on skills session.
Time & Location
Nov 03, 2023, 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Chicago CPR Academy Training Center, 1300 Meadow Rd, Northbrook, IL 60062, USA
About the event
PLEASE NOTE- ONLINE PORTION MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO HAND ON SKILLS SESSION!
How Blended Learning Works- This blended learning course includes an online portion and an instructor-led classroom skills session. The online portion must be completed, AT YOUR OWN PACE, before attending the in-class portion. Most learners complete the online portion in approximately 3-4 hours. However, your experience may vary widely based on several factors including your PC, internet speed and previous training. I recommend beginning the online session as soon as possible to ensure you have completed it prior to the in-person skill session. The online portion must be taken on a PC or tablet with a high-speed Internet connection (see below for the complete set of PC/tablet requirements for this online course).
Step 1. You will recieve an email containing the direct link to the online portion once registration is complete. PLEASE EMAIL US IF YOU DID NOT RECIEVE THE REGISTRATION EMAIL WITHIN 24 HOURS.
Step 2. Compete the ONLINE course PRIOR to the in person skills session. Compete at your own pace!
Step 3. Attend the IN-PERSON hands on skills session.
CPR & AED & First Aid courses are designed for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory (for example, OSHA), or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting. Students receive a course completion E- card that is valid for 2 years.
What does this course teach?
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child*
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child*
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant*
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant*
- Medical Emergencies such as Stroke, Heart Attacks, Allergic reactions, Seizures, ETC
- Traumatic Emergencies such as Severe bleeding control, Splinting, ETC
Class locaion is at the Chicago CPR Academy Training Center located at 1300 Meadow Rd, Northbrook on the Lower Level.
**If you have not recieved your confirmation email with course details and link to the online course please call (312) 626-8002 to confirm your registration. **
CPR, AED & First Aid Skills$90.00Sale ended
Chicago CPR Academy
1300 Meadow Rd, Lower Level
Northbrook, IL 60062
Mon - Fri: 9am - 6pm
Saturday: 10am - 2pm