Sat, Jul 08|
Chicago CPR Academy Training Center
American Red Cross Skills Session Adult / Child CPR & AED - Blended Learning ($65.00)
**ONLINE COURSE (INCLUDED IN PRICE) MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO HANDS ON SKILLS SESSION.** Chicago CPR Academy is now offering a more convenient class option. Our blended learning allows you to take the classroom portion at your own pace followed by an in-person hands on skills session.
Time & Location
Jul 08, 2023, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Chicago CPR Academy Training Center, 1300 Meadow Rd, Northbrook, IL 60062, USA
About the event
PLEASE NOTE- ONLINE PORTION MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO HANDS ON SKILLS SESSION!
Course Format: BLENDED - Blended learning is a combination of eLearning, in which a student completes part of the course in a self-directed manner online, followed by a hands-on skills session. We suggest allowing 2-3 hours to complete the online portion of this course. The hands-on skills session is completed in person with an American Red Cross authorized Instructor. Original or renewal students can take the course in a blended format.
There are TWO parts to the American Red Cross Adult & Pediatric CPR/AED Blended Online course:
- Part 1 (Online Course) provided after registration via email to be completed at your home or office
- Part 2 (Skills Session) at one of our regularly scheduled in-person skills sessions
CPR & AED courses are designed for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory (for example, OSHA), or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting. Students receive a course completion E- card that is valid for 2 years.
What does this course teach?
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child*
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child*
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant*
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant*
Class locaion is at the Chicago CPR Academy Training Center located at 1300 Meadow Rd, Northbrook on the Lower Level.
**If you have not recieved your confirmation email with course details and link to the online course please call (312) 626-8002 to confirm your registration. **
Chicago CPR Academy
1300 Meadow Rd, Lower Level
Northbrook, IL 60062
Mon - Fri: 9am - 6pm
Saturday: 10am - 2pm